The Julius Hembus company was founded in 1894 and already helped build the Kronberg Friedrichshof Castle. The company can look back on a long tradition in the field of restoration.
To mention are for example: Frankfurt Cathedral, Old Opera House Frankfurt, Kurhaus Wiesbaden, Former Villa Mumm, Gutleutkaserne, Kronberg Castle, Kronberg Battle Church, St. Johannis Church in Kronberg.
It was the founder of the company, Jakob Hembus, who had been commissioned by the Empress to restore Kronberg Castle and in particular the castle chapel, where, with a lucky hand, he found and uncovered the sacred carrion painting from 1300 under a layer of paint. After Jakob Hembus, the brothers Paul and Julius Hembus took care of the company’s fortunes together.
After Paul Hembus’ early death, Julius Hembus continued to run the company on his own until his own death in 1983. Julius Hembus was awarded honorary citizenship of the city of Kronberg, the Badge of Honour of the city of Frankfurt and the Golden Dürer Plaque of the German Painters’ Trade for his services to the cultural scene. Until 31.12.1999 the company was managed by Hans Hembus.
On January 1, 2000, Julius Hembus Maler- und Stuckwerkstätten GmbH was taken over by the Höchster Familienbetrieb Moosbrugger.
Julius Hembus, portrait photo 1983